Sunday, August 13, 2006

Lovebirds who met in my class


I heard from a former student, Chad Moore, who took my class at UC-Irvine, a few years ago. He told me he met his wife, Deanna, in my class.

He says, "She was very quiet. Took a little while to get to know. The first day of class was the first time we had ever seen each other... and it was a couple of months before we got to be friends. By the time the class ended, we were finally speaking regularly and emailing, but then she moved to Portland before we could even go on a date! So, then we started racking up lot of long distance calls. She finally came down to visit her family (she's from OC), we went on our first date, spent the weekend together, and the rest, as they say, is history. We were married almost two years ago, and live up in Echo Park. Life is good!"

I love it when that happens.

Here's Chad's blog address: http://blog.deresolution.net

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this one of the dangers of taking your class?

Paul said...

Just got through reading your article in the October 2206 issue of Writers Digest.

Really appreciate your thoughts and ideas on websites for writers. I also have bookmarked your site, started listening to podcasts and visiting other links, such as Readervilles, etc.

I am in the process of putting up a couple of other websites and you article has given me some insights.

Maybe one of these days you will do a seminiar in the Atlanta, Ga area.

Again, Thank you,

Paul

... Paige said...

Hey, just reading your artical in Writer's Digest.-Setting your Sites.
It is a great read. Thanks