Monday, January 08, 2007

Back at work



Yup, Travis is back in school and I'm back at work on Starletta's Kitchen. Trying to get more food into the book. If I don't, I have to--eek--change the title.

I was just noticing that a lot of blogs by male writers are impersonal. Informational and interesting, but not personal. Just visiting The Elegant Variation (http://www.marksarvas.blogs.com/), which I like very much, and it got me thinking. So I thought I'd made a gross generalization. ; }

Everyone back to writing (if you took the holidays off)?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised that men's blogs are not as personal as women's. Remember what Deborah Tannen said in her first book, "You Just Don't Understand"--men are interested in reporting things and women are interested in rapport. Men want to figure out a problem and then report to you how they did it. Women want to talk and talk and talk and figure it out with one or more people/friends. So -- I'm thinking that blogs are just an extension of that!

Anonymous said...

back at it: and it's been over a year since i did anything but school-centered writing! i'll write a short story & a bit of "flash fiction" this quarter. hooray!

Anonymous said...

This looks so new, so fresh, so inspiring!
Happy New Year to you, yours and your work.