Friday, August 03, 2007

A few writerly web sites

If you are in need of prompts, here's a great site. Check it out.

Also, are you familiar with GoodReads.com? Writers and readers talking about books. I quite like it. Click here.

And paperbackswap.com (thanks to Judy) is a great place to request books and swap them for books you want. Read more here.

At the site for the American Society of Journalists and Authors, you can read the public section of The ASJA Monthly, which I edit. Click here and scan down the left side for The ASJA Monthly.

I know I missed a ton. I will post more in the coming days. And if you know of one you like, or even your own, please post it here.

4 comments:

lisrobbe said...

I love reading your blog. This were great links. Here are two of my favorites, Sunday Scribblings: http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/ for writing prompts and Writers Revealed http://writersrevealed.com/ for talks with authors and to learn about books.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these sites! For some reason, checking them out simply made me feel less lonely. Which I didn't even know I felt -- until I began visiting planet writerly. I added the links to my favorites, and will continue to visit. :)

Writergirl said...

Anon, I know how you feel. Finding more in a writer's community...reading interviews or struggles makes me feel better. It makes you feel like you aren't the only one going through this. Nice to be supported.

Barbara: Writerly, huh? Is that a real word? lol ;)

Anonymous said...

...a few writerly websites incite insights?