Sunday, September 02, 2007

I feel the earth move under my feet

We were just jolted. I moved toward the doorway. Then that was it. Just one big bump.

Brian, getting up, said, "Well, it's earthquake weather."

Hot, muggy, the sun almost too bright.

So I went here and read that a 4.7 quake was epicentered in Lake Elsinore.

I thought, I'm glad I'm dressed, in case I have to leave the house. But I should wash my face and brush my teeth, too, put on a little make-up, just in case.

Now Brian's in the shower. Soon as he's done, I'll get in there and make myself presentable, just in case.

6 comments:

Writergirl said...

I hope all is well! No post after that one... I would assume that, had it been something horrible, we would have heard about it on the news, but sending happy thoughts. 8)

Anonymous said...

You're sweet...
So far, so good, as they say, though Brian says he continues to be on the alert. Being from California, he says this weather always precedes an earthquake. There are minor earthquakes daily, I've heard, here in California, tremors you can't feel, but he's talking about something bigger.

Deirdre said...

In earthquake country we think about these things. I always keep my glasses by the bed just in case I have to get out quickly. It's good to be able to see where you're goin.

My mother is always sure muggy, still weather is going to bring an earthquake. Thankfully she's usually wrong.

Carma Dutra said...

It's always earthquake weather in California.

Also my mother always told me to put on clean underwear before leaving the house, which means if an earthquake happens you had better already have the clean underwear on. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, here's a question for you: Do you wear pajamas, sleeping in CA, or do you, um, throw caution to the wind, so to speak?

Carma Dutra said...

Oh, yes, pajamas are a must. I wouldn't dare expose anyone to that horror!