Wednesday, February 20, 2008

snow

“The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.” -- Lao Tzu

“To live anywhere in the world today and be against equality because of race or color, is like living in Alaska and being against snow” -- William Faulkner


Y'all know I love snow, right? Travis and I are in Mammoth. He's snowboarding and I'm back into my book (and loving the snow). If you don't love snow, you might as well stop reading now, because what you will find are links to poems with snow in them, and photos of my morning.

Billy Collins' on snow here and here.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara -

I've lurked on your blog ever since I read "Pen On Fire" (Loved it BTW) but I've never commented.

I just felt I should tell you, my brother and I have been on a quest since we were little (we are now 40ish) to find what we call "The Perfect Mountain" -- the kind of mountain a kid would draw. That photo rivals most of our nominations.

Just thought I'd let you know ...

Kim

Anonymous said...

I couldn't understand why anybody could be skiing during the middle of the week. Upon further investigation I learned that Newport Beach Schools close for Skl Week. That knocked me off my barstool.
We didn't have Ski Week in East Los Angeles, where I grew up. We had drive by shooting week which at least improves one's aim.