Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fund drive

7 a.m.
Marrie and I hope that today you will call between 9 and 10 a.m. PT to donate to KUCI during our annual fund drive. The station hangs in the balance, and needs to raise funds. Your donation is tax deductible and we have books, CDs, tickets (if you're local) as premiums. Call 949 UCI-KUCI this morning and I'll be there, answering phones. And thanks for your steady support over these 11 years.

11:37 a.m.
Thanks to Bruce Miller, Cindy Cooksey and Taurean Watkins for donating to the station during the fund drive. The fund drive will be on next Weds., too, though you can call anytime and donate, and go to www.kuci.org, as well. Just indicate that you're donating for "Writers on Writing." (You can also contact Marrie or me off hours and we'll take your donation.) If you listen to the show or podcast and find it valuable, Marrie and I hope that you will donate. The smallest amount--$10!--helps. We still have books (and CDs and gift certs., etc., as premiums.)

The university doesn't fund the station and we're finding it more and more difficult, financially. Please help us stay on the air. (The podcasts are a direct result of the on-air show.) Unless, of course, you don't listen and don't care, and then if the show goes away, you won't notice....; } And thanks...

1 comment:

Marrie said...

Thanks also goes out to Lynette Brasfield for her generous donation!

I know what you're thinking, because I think it too when I listen to stations like NPR, KPCC, KCRW, etc. "Someone else will donate and fill the void." Or, "Times are tough for me this year, but I'll give next year." Or, "I give to so many other non-profits, and this just isn't on my list."

Unlike NPR and their affiliates, KUCI only does this once a year. And, unlike those stations, we don't receive grants and other financial support. For "Writers on Writing," every listener counts. Every single one.

I was astounded at the premiums being offered this year. Not only fabulous books and CDs, but event tickets and quality gift certificates. Quite valuable stuff.

I've started giving to the smaller, grassroots charities this year because the impact of every dollar is so great. This is never more true than at KUCI.

I, too, thank you. Your support means a great deal.