Sunday, April 11, 2010

Orange County Noir events


Good news: Orange County Noir made the Southern California Independent Booksellers bestseller list (trade paperback fiction). Thanks to everyone who bought a copy and made this possible.

I posted these earlier, but here's an update re: events I'll be at:

This coming Wednesday, my co-host Marrie Stone, will facilitate an interview on "Writers on Writing" with Gary, Patricia McFall, and me, all talking about the book and writing noir fiction. Tune in at 9 a.m. Pacific, 88.9 FM in Orange County, and online at www.kuci.org and iTunes/radio/Talk & news.

Sunday, April 18: Patricia McFall and I, from Orange County Noir, as well as Denise Hamilton, who edited the new “Los Angeles Noir 2,” and Naomi Hirahara, who contributed to the L.A. book, will be at the Sisters In Crime monthly meeting at the Irvine Ranch Water District, 15600 Sand Canyon Road, Irvine. 3 p.m. More info: click here.

Saturday, May 15: Martin J. Smith, Mary Castillo, Gary Phillips, and I will talk about the book and writing dark fiction at my Pen on Fire Speakers Series at the Scape Gallery, 2859 East Coast Highway, Corona del Mar. CJ Bahnsen will moderate. If you'd like to be on the mailing list for this event, email penonfire@earthlink.net and in the subject line say "put me on the mailing list for OC Noir at Scape."

Monday, May 17: Nathan Walpow, Gary McAlpine, Rob Roberge, Dan Duling, Mary Castillo, Patricia McFall and I will be at the Laguna Playhouse Moulton Theatre, 606 Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach. A $25 fee covers admission, dessert and coffee, tea or champagne. 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. More here.

Here's a more complete listing of Orange County Noir events.

1 comment:

Marrie said...

Love your story, Barbara. And love to see this book getting all the well-deserved press! Can't wait for a few of these events. Brava!

As an aside, I used to have this old boss back in my Smith Barney days who was about 125 years old. Solely out of ignorance, he routinely referred to "Placentia" as "Placenta." "Gotta drive down to Placenta today," he would say. Of course, he also thought Elvis was quite literally a king. I grew tired of correcting him.